Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade Celebrated New South Beach Club
City of Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine, City Manager Jimmy Morales. local dignitaries and Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade supporters celebrated the ribbon cutting and grand opening of the organization’s new South Beach Club, which serves approximately 450 children from the local area. The 2,500-sq.-ft. South Beach Club on the existing site was demolished to make way for the new, state-of-the-art 11,000-sq.-ft facility. The new Club features a game room, cafeteria with teaching kitchen for the Club’s culinary program, community room/homework room/literacy room made possible by a grant from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation, arts & crafts room, technology room, teen center, offices and reception area, and much more. The building cost was $2,000,000. Major donors for the South Beach Club were Bank of America, City of Miami Beach, Fisher Island Philanthropic Fund, Miami-Dade County, Mary Ann Portell, Richard H. Simmons Charitable Trust, and Betsy & George M. Sherman. The South Beach Club is located at 1200 Michigan Avenue, Miami Beach.