“Building A Better Future” Gala
Benefits American Nicaraguan Foundation
Saturday, October 15, 2011 at 7 p.m.
100 Chopin Plaza, Miami
In an effort to raise funds for the fight against poverty in Nicaragua, the American Nicaraguan Foundation (ANF) is hosting its 2011 “Building a Better Future” Gala, on Saturday, October 15, 2011, at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Miami.
The American Nicaraguan Foundation Gala, recognized as one of the premier social events held in South Florida, has earned an outstanding reputation for:
- Attracting nearly 750 philanthropic, community and business leaders from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties and the international arena whose combined efforts help raise over half a million dollars each year;
- Dazzling guests enjoying a spectacular evening of entertainment and extraordinary cuisine at the InterContinental Hotel;
- Uniting a diverse crowd representative of the multicultural South Florida and international communities;
- Acknowledging the friends and volunteers whose tireless efforts through the years help bring ANF international recognition;
- Featuring an extraordinary auction with merchandise from some of the most exclusive retailers, resorts, restaurants, hotels, cruise lines and jewelers in the world; and
- Offering one of the most prestigious Gala After-Parties for guests looking to continue the fun after midnight.
Seats for the gala are limited but are currently still available. Individual tickets are $350 and can be purchased at www.ANFgala.org. Tables of ten can be reserved for $3,500, and Sponsorships are available starting at $5,000. After-Party tickets are also for sale, priced at $100 for members and $150 for non-members. Proceeds from ticket and auction sales will fund the ANF’s work to eliminate the limits that extreme poverty places on human development, fostering great opportunity to those in desperate need of help in Nicaragua.
The 2011 Gala, which kicks off at 7 p.m., features a cocktail hour, luxury silent auction, live band and entertainment, followed by a 5 star, 3-course dinner featuring the unique creations of top chefs from the InterContinental Hotel’s award-winning culinary team. Diana Diaz, television personality and anchor for WSVN, will act as Master of Ceremonies. Guests will also be treated to an After-Party Lounge at midnight.
“The annual Gala is our biggest fundraising event of the year. It’s a chance for our members and supporters to enjoy a night of glamour and fun that will contribute to our ongoing efforts to improve the lives of those living under the constraints of poverty,” says Theresita Pellas, the 2011 Gala Chair. “We’ve been lucky to count on the support of many companies and enterprises, as well as private sponsors, who support our cause and donate to our event each year, as well as some new sponsors and supporters who have joined our growing family in 2011.”
Current sponsors for the 2011 “Building a Better Future” Gala include: BAC|CREDOMATIC, BAC Florida Bank, HSBC Private Bank, Walmart, Credit Suisse, BAC Financial, GE Financial Services, FPL, American Fidelity Assurance Co., US Education Finance, Beta Capital Management, Greenberg Taurig, JP Morgan Chase, Santander Private Banking, DM Aircraft Service, Singular Network Corp., among others.
About the American Nicaraguan Foundation
The American Nicaraguan Foundation is a 501C (3) not-for-profit organization founded in 1992 to help the neediest sectors in Nicaragua by strengthening medical assistance, increasing educational attainment, building safe shelters, providing clean water solutions, promoting economic opportunity, and delivering humanitarian aid to impoverished communities all over Nicaragua.
As a mission-driven organization that mobilizes and focuses international and local resources for development, ANF promotes collaboration and strategic alliances among the local private sector, public sector and civil society to solve community problems. ANF’s general objective is to build sustainable communities by delivering basic human needs through our network of more than 2,800 organizations in Nicaragua.
Since its inception, ANF has shipped over 4,637 containers of aid valued at $1,272,17 millions of dollars to Nicaragua, ensuring that aid reaches every single department within the nation. This is only possible through the generosity, commitment and loyalty of donors and supporters like you.
Through your support to ANF, last year alone,
- 1043 family homes were built throughout the country.
- Over 1879 people benefitted from clean water in their communities, and 307 families were given the opportunity to grow their own crops and/or farm animals through ANF’s sustainability and community development programs. 164 people were given new employment opportunities through ANF’s agricultural and animal husbandry programs.
- 70,592 schoolchildren, elders and lactating mothers were given a daily meal.
- 156 medical centers, clinics and hospitals were provided with medical supplies and equipment and 268,704 people were given much needed medical attention at no charge every month.
- 4 schools were built in communities with children at risk.
- 148,790 students and 1,069 centers were provided with school supplies and furniture
For more information, visit www.aidnicaragua.org.