25th Annual Sara Hopkins Woodruff Spectrum Awards For Women
Benefits Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter of the American Red CrossCharity & Social Events
The Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter of the American Red Cross will host the 24th Annual Sara Hopkins Woodruff Spectrum Awards For Women. Chaired by Phyllis Oeters and co-chaired by Mona Adams and Nelly Farra, the awards will be celebrated during the Red Cross’ Centennial Year, and will recognize outstanding women whose efforts have made significant contributions to the quality of life in South Florida. This year’s Honorary Chair is Swanee DiMare, and the Philanthropic Chair is Trish Bell.
On Thursday, November 9, 2017, celebrated community leaders will gather at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami for the annual ceremony. The event will begin at 11 a.m. with a reception, silent auction and a special exhibit featuring a Lily Pulitzer Retrospective. The Retrospective will include vintage pieces and current Lily Pulitzer fashions, showing the evolution of the brand through the decades. There will be a pop-up shop with 10% of all proceeds going to the American Red Cross. At 12:30 p.m., honorees and guests will enjoy a luncheon and the awards presentation.
“It is with great pride that we honor the work of the selfless women in our community,” said Phillis Oeters, Spectrum Awards Committee Chair. “Their dedication to serving South Florida will have a lasting impact on the generations to come, and we are thankful for all that they do.”
“Spectrum” refers to women’s impact across the broad scope of community life as well as the diversity of cultures represented in the community. More than 400 people are expected to attend the awards ceremony, which will raise funds for the vital life-saving programs and services of the American Red Cross Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter. These leadership awards acknowledge the humanitarian principles of the American Red Cross: Humanity, Impartiality, Independence, Unity, Neutrality, and Voluntary Service.
25th Annual Spectrum Awards Honorees:
- Do Unto Others Trust Philanthropy Award – Mary “Mimi” Shafey
- Trish and Dan Bell Chairmen’s Award – Remedios Diaz-Oliver
- Cervera Real Estate, Inc. Ambassador Award – Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
- Rick and Margarita Tonkinson Community Service Award – Martha Avila
- Bank of America Education Award – Linda Dwyer
- Holland & Knight Culture Award – Diane Moss
- Mercantil Bank Entrepreneurial Award – Christine Franklin
- Baptist Health South Florida Healthcare Award – Linda Quick
- Norma Echarte & Associates Hospitality Award – Mercy Vera
- UHealth Red Cross Service Award – Vivian de las Cuevas-Diaz
- Ospina, Everett & Shechter, LLP Red Cross Rising Star Award –
- Kamille Garness and Annia Elena Lopez
- Swanee and Paul DiMare Youth Award – Aurora Cosio
Sponsorship opportunities for the 25th Annual Spectrum Awards are available by contacting Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.RedCross.org/Spectrum25.
About American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support for families affected by disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that saves lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support for families affected by disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families.
For more information, visit www.RedCross.org/SouthFlorida or call 305-644-1200. Follow us on Twitter at @SFLRedCross.