30th Anniversary Support A Scholar Celebration
Hosted by Breakthrough Miami2021, 2022, Charity & Social Events, Gala Guide, Save the date
Join us for a Virtual 30th Anniversary Tribute and Support A Scholar Kick Off on September 29th at 7:30pm followed by an in-person Celebration on Saturday, November 13th at 7pm. Each year our community comes together for our annual Support A Scholar Celebration – a festive and edgy event that exudes our breakalicous spirit. On this very special anniversary year, we look forward to an annual celebration more impactful than any other! Since our founding in 1991, Breakthrough Miami has supported over 3,000 Scholars to maximize their potential, provided unparalleled service leadership experiences to nearly 2,000 Teaching Fellows and 4,000 Volunteers, over 30 transformative summers. Grounded by a vision for educational equity and a unique position as a bridge-builder across diverse communities, Breakthrough has grown exponentially in reach, impact, and recognition as Miami’s Opportunity Generator. We are honored to celebrate 30 years of breakthroughs with you! It takes a Village.
About Breakthrough Miami
Breakthrough Miami is positioned in our community as an Opportunity Generator, committed to advancing ambitious youth striving for educational opportunities to reach their potential. Breakthrough Miami uses a unique “students-teaching-students” model to create a rigorous, vibrant learning community, where highly motivated, traditionally underrepresented 5th-12th grade students are supported to achieve post-secondary success and emerging leaders are inspired to become the next generation of educators and advocates.
Serving 1300 Scholars from across Miami, our 8-year tuition-free academic and social enrichment program is proven to prepare students to enter and succeed in college. Our Scholars benefit from:
· Year-round academic programming utilizing a near-peer model and experiential learning approach in a 6-week Summer Institute and school-year Saturday programs
· Enrichment, character and leadership development to broaden experiences, build self-efficacy, problem solving and promote engaged citizenship
· School options guidance uniquely supports families in navigating school choice to ensure Scholars are enrolled in rigorous programs and schools aligned with their interests, talents and aspirations.
· College access and readiness for 9th-12th graders focusing on competencies for post-secondary success.
· Signature student-teaching-students model employs older students as teachers, mentors and role models in a Fellowship that has been named a Top Ten service learning experience by The Princeton Review
Breakthrough Miami is a model for education equity, and is recognized as Best Summer Learning Program in the country by the National Summer Learning Association. We engage hundreds of volunteers and partners to advance our work forward. We invite you to join the movement! Breakthroughmiami.org