Social Styles: Swim Week 2014 Part Two
In South Florida, the name Elysze Held is synonymous with style. As founder and president of the Miami fashion/image consulting firm, Style Out of the City, Elysze is the personal stylist to WSVN 7/Deco Drive’s hosts, Lynn Martinez & Louis Aguirre and has dressed CEO’s, models, super-models, celebrities, socialites & fashionistas! Elysze frequently commutes to New York, is a field producer for Mercedes Benz New York Fashion week, and styles national advertising campaigns. With her stylist’s eye, she lets us know WHO WORE WHAT to WHERE!
The Mercedes Benz Fashion Swim Week extravaganza continued to run strong all weekend in South Beach. The highlights from SocialMiami’s Fashion Contributor, Stylist Elysze Held:
- At an exceptional soiree and runway show for Chloe at Soho House, the Chloe designs showcased both their body-conscious, feminine appeal and modern aesthetic in their swimwear preview for 2014.
- South Florida’s FAV ‘boho chic’ designer, New York City based Mara Hoffman debuted her Resort Swim 2014 collection of vivid colors and exotic prints. As Hoffman explains, “This collection was inspired by the mythology and mysticism of India; if I had to pick one word to describe the collection, it would be “Shakti.” The accessories were the “best in show” of the season!
- Nanette Lepore, known for her bold colors, evocative prints and signature silhouettes, did not disappoint. Lepore presented a fresh & fabulous collection on the runway at the SLS Hotel.
- Renowned fashion icon Betsey Johnson, hosted a dazzling evening at the Betsy Hotel, and brought to town her infectious energy, quirky sensibility and great love of color to launch her new SS14 swimwear collection. Betsey comments: “My swim is for the young and the forever young! It’s fun and flirty and a little bit rock and roll.
- Late night excitement and total enjoyment as Colombia-based swimwear brand Maaji made its first MB Fashion Week Swim debut. Their 2014 collection brought an unexpected mix of boho and nautical inspired trends to the runway, in the most entertaining show of the week!
- BACKSTAGE the heat was on and it was all about the make-up at Wildfox; Stila’s Sarah Lucero described the runway look as “Bombshell beauty/glamour girl” using Stila’s Magnificent Metals on the lips so they shine like mirrors on the runway-70’s feel-big eyes in rose gold champagne…’very Charlie’s angels’.
The South Florida fashion glitterati continued to dazzle with their sexy, edgy style…