9th Annual Women of Distinction & Caring Luncheon
Benefiting Plaza Health Network
The Plaza Health Network Foundation celebrated the Ninth Annual Women of Distinction & Caring Luncheon honoring nine outstanding community leaders at the Hilton Miami Downtown on November 15th. Louis Aguirre, WPLG Local 10 anchor, served as Master of Ceremonies and welcomed guests along with Norma Jean Abraham, Luncheon Chairman; Thelma Gibson, RN, Josefina Carbonell, & Linda Levy Goldberg served as Co-Chairs. Elaine Bloom, PHN President & CEO, along with Ronald Lowy Esq., Chairman of the PHN Board recognized Joan Brent for her 18 years of service on the PHN Board as well as Captain Marvin Greenwald for his many years of service as Director of Professional Services.
Introduced with a moving video tribute that celebrated their leadership, volunteer service and philanthropy, the 2018 honorees were:
- Maria Alonso – President and CEO, United Way of Miami-Dade
- Gabriela Rachadell de Delgado – Attorney, Philanthropist supporting Boys & Girls Club/Miami
- Swanee DiMare – Philanthropist and Community Leader
- Barbara Black Goldfarb – Past Chair of Greater Miami Jewish Federation; Chair of the 2018 Federation Mission to Israel; 2018 BESSIE Award Recipient
- Cindy Hutson – Chef/Owner, Ortanique on the Mile and Zest Restaurants; Culinary Ambassador of Miami Cancer Institute at Baptist Health
- Virginia Jacko – President and CEO, Lighthouse for the Blind
- Laurie Jennings – WPLG Local 10 Anchor and Community Volunteer
- Annie Neasman, RN, MS – President and CEO, Jessie Trice Community Health Centers; Former Deputy Secretary, Florida Department of Health
- Darlene Boytell-Perez, ARPN – Healthcare Advocate and Philanthropist
Awards were presented by Ilene Zweig, PHN Foundation Executive Director and Kristyn Schwartz, PHN Foundation Director of Development. Proceeds from the luncheon support Plaza Health Network patient focused innovative programs and services that go above and beyond what is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and insurances.