Social Styles: Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week
Who Wore What to Where by Elysze Held
In South Florida, the name Elysze Held is synonymous with style. As founder and president of the Miami fashion/image consulting firm, Style Out of the City, Elysze is the personal stylist to WSVN 7/Deco Drive’s hosts, Lynn Martinez & Louis Aguirre and has dressed CEO’s, models, super-models, celebrities, socialites & fashionistas! Elysze frequently commutes to New York, is a field producer for Mercedes Benz New York Fashion week, and styles national advertising campaigns. With her stylist’s eye, she lets us know WHO WORE WHAT to WHERE!
It has been a whirlwind of shows in venues all over the city in snow, sleet & slush –I was greeted by many a “don’t you wish you were home in Miami now”?
Weather or not, it was magic to be there, backstage & front row………….and the designers delivered!
- Vibrant colors from Extraordinary Master of his Craft: Ralph Rucci
- Sleek leather layering in minimalistic manner at Calvin Klein
- Glam Rock Star at Marc Jacobs
- Classic silhouettes w/an unexpected twist of Spring Pastels at Thakoon
- Exquisitely crafted embroidery at Naeem Khan
- Lustrous leathers, metallic bags & shoes at Nanette Lepore
- Show biz glamour & ultra-luxurious furs at Dennis Basso
- Simply Stunning Seduction at Oscar de la Renta
- Beautifully executed fabric mix & unfettered shapes at Adeam
- Refined elegance with an edge at J Mendel
- Sensual, soulful & sculptural body hugging (what else) at Donna Karan
- Fantasy & romance (& peplums) at Zac Posen
- Sequins, fur & cigarette pants at Vera Wang
- 70’s Glam-Glam “Life is a Party” at Diane von Furstenberg
- Czarina enchantment at Tadashi Shoji
- Charming print mixes at Clover Canyon
- Femme Fatale and Oscar contenders at Monique Lhuillier
- Timeless dresses in rich brocades at Lela Rose
- Bold colors and abstract prints at Mara Hoffman