SOCIAL STYLES: Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week
Who Wore What to Where by Elysze Held
In South Florida, the name Elysze Held is synonymous with style. As founder and president of the Miami fashion/image consulting firm, Style Out of the City, Elysze is a veteran insider in the fashion industry, is the personal stylist to WSVN 7/Deco Drive’s hosts, Lynn Martinez & Louis Aguirre and has dressed CEO’s, models, super-models, celebrities, socialites & fashionistas! Based in South Florida,Elysze commutes to New York, styles national advertising campaigns and is the Fashion Editor for Palm Beach Woman Magazine. With her stylist’s eye, she lets us know WHO WORE WHAT to WHERE!
SocialMiami Fashion Contributor, Stylist Elysze Held highlights her picks of “Florida Faves” from the collections for Spring 2014!
- Resplendent fabrics in shades of black and white, delicate lasered leathers, hand-stitched pailettes and feathered dresses at RALPH RUCCI’s couture collection.
- Distinct uptown polish and what a girl wants: sweet lace, shimmer and a flared skirt providing the dominant silhouette at OSCAR DE LA RENTA
- A fresh, modern direction on the black & white combo in rich textures and sharply-cut architectural details at both NARCISCO RODRIGUEZ and CALVIN KLEIN.
- Fun and flirty! Great wearable separates in vibrant prints and graphic florals at NANETTE LEPORE.
- Layered eyelet dresses and delicate chiffon blouses with hints of sophistication at ADEAM.
- Nothing short of spectacular in the colorful tribal patterns and intricate embroideries at NAEEM KHAN.
- Quietly chic aesthetic with a relaxed vibe and some seriously luxe white leather pieces at KAUFMAN FRANCO.
- Ultrafeminine and so chic at THAKOON- a modern take on classic white silk duchesse and white cotton slipdresses, and surprise! Thigh high lace boots(so Miami).
- Polished elegance of glorious evening gowns in different mélanges of fabrics and colors at MONIQUE LHUILLIER.
- Easy and ethereal at CAROLINA HERRERA; her collection of light layers had a multidimensional feel.
- Fresh take on colorblocking in silks at VERA WANG
- Body-conscious dresses with a street-chic element, coupled with his usual gorgeous craftsmanship for evening at CARMEN MARC VALVO.
- Strong collection of elegant effortlessness in chic navy & white knits for day, and splendid embellished evening gowns of iridescent fabrics at BADGLEY MISCHKA
- Homage to the Mod 60’s in graphic black & white prints at DESIGUAL(design director is the iconic Christian Lacroix).
- Pale palette in TADASHI SHOJI’s lightweight, airy and oh so pretty dresses.
- Fluid and flowing gold lamé glamour at REEM ACRA’s “old Hollywood with a modern twist”.
- Color! Color! Color from PAMELLA ROLAND’s Cannes! Hues of orange, pinks, yellows and blues with jewels from CHOPARD
- Rock & Roll is here to stay at JILL STUART–leather miniskirts, sheer LBD’s.
- Playing with transparent but not flimsy fabrics in rich hues at CZAR by CESAR GALINDO
- Artisanal craftsmanship in fabulous accessories at DONNA KARAN (wide slung belts, leather & metal jewelry and wide–brimmed hats).
- Ready for the Beach with her vibrant prints and bright colors at TRINA TURK
- OSKLEN’s bright sheer organza layered dresses-made for Miami!
- Beautifully beaded decoration on classic bandage dresses at Hervé Léger
- Deconstructed crisp white cotton at BCBG MAX AZRIA
- And of course, black. Decadent. Simply remarkable theatre at MARC JACOBS.
FLORIDA FAVES: WHITES and B&W
BEST for BASEL
All Photos by Elysze Held